Essex fire crews called to Colchester bedroom fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews from Colchester and Wivenhoe have been called out to a bedroom fire in Colchester this evening.
Crews from Essex Fire and Rescue were called to a house on Hunwicke Road after a neighbour noticed smoke coming from the property.
On arrival at the scene firefighters searched the house and reported that there was a fire in a first floor bedroom.
A spokesman for the service said: “Firefighters tackled the fire and cleared the property of smoke by 6.30pm.
“Firefighters carried out an investigation but were unable to establish the cause of the fire.
You may also want to watch:
“Around 50% of the bedroom has been damaged by the fire and the whole first floor of the house has suffered smoke damage.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre