‘I do’ is dream come true
LOVE was in the air at Ufford Park Hotel yesterday as the finalists of the East Anglian Daily Times and B&G Magazine Win a Wedding competition were awarded their prize at the Archant wedding fair.
The lucky duo were chemotherapy nurse Charlotte Townsend, 32, and chartered surveyor James Durrant, 26, from Woodbridge.
The couple’s prize includes a ceremony and reception at the venue, a horse and carriage, the dress, suits, photography, flowers and much more.
James entered the competition as a surprise just weeks after proposing to Charlotte, with his fianc�e being in the dark until they were announced as finalists.
James said: “I feel so lucky, I can’t believe that we’ve won, I never expected it. I can’t put into words how I feel right now.”
You may also want to watch:
A shocked Charlotte said: “I can’t believe this has happened to us. I am so grateful, so happy and excited. It’s like a dream.”
B&G Magazine editor Charlotte Smith-Jarvis, announced the winners, whose names were pulled from a hat by Tarnia Robertson, marketing director at Ufford Park Hotel.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 9 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
She said: “It was a very emotional moment. James and Charlotte were visibly shaken at the news and couldn’t contain their excitement. We wish them all the best for their big day and hope that it makes all of their dreams come true.”
Tarnia added: “Ufford Park would like to say congratulations to Charlotte and James who are worthy winners. What a lovely couple, let’s hope the wedding plans run smoothly and they have a great day.”
More than 100 couples came to the fair, which showcased some of the top wedding suppliers in the region. Two more Archant wedding fairs are set for October 17 at Ipswich School, and at Ravenwood Hall on October 24.