‘It really is a whole other level’ - Suffolk I’m a Celeb Star Ruthie reveals tough conditions in Welsh castle
- Credit: ITV/Joel Anderson
Suffolk I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star Ruthie Henshall has spoken of the harsh reality of her castle experience, a day after leaving the show.
Ruthie, who moved to Suffolk as a teenager when her father David became editor of the EADT, said that the cold Welsh weather proved a challenge.
“It’s bitter, I kid you not,” she said. “And I think that’s a whole other level that’s been put on top of when they were in the jungle. At least they were warm.
“We had cold put on top of starving, disgusting food, vile trials. It really is a whole other level. The shower, oh my goodness. We were lucky if we got a couple of strands of our hair wet.
“If anybody ever looks at that show and thinks it looks easy, please come and talk to me, because it’s not. And everybody will come out and I bet you they will say the same thing.
You may also want to watch:
“Honestly, I loved that experience and I loved it in a very odd way because it is difficult. But the camaraderie and the experience is one that very few people will ever get in their lives. And I’m really, really glad I did it and I met a load of lovely people. It makes me want to do more telly.”
Asked to sum up her experience in three words, Ruthie said: “Bitterly, brutally brilliant.”
- 1 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 4 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 5 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 8 Anger from council over felled silver jubilee trees
- 9 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 10 Campaign against two more solar farms gathers strength in Suffolk villages
She also discussed sharing details of her relationship with Prince Edward during a discussion with campmate Shane Richie.
Ruthie said: “I might have made a certain joke about something to Shane which I had no idea was being listened to at the time. But it was for a laugh, we were having a good time and I have no regrets.”
Ruthie said she had no intention of discussing her royal relationship before she entered the castle but got “carried away”.
She said: “Because you are with people 24/7 and you’re having conversations that you just get carried away with and don’t quite realise how revealing it is.”
The actress said a “little bit” had been revealed and promised to “keep the rest firmly tucked away”.
I’m a Celeb continues on ITV 1 at 9pm.