‘It really is a whole other level’ - Suffolk I’m a Celeb Star Ruthie reveals tough conditions in Welsh castle
- Credit: ITV/Joel Anderson
Suffolk I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star Ruthie Henshall has spoken of the harsh reality of her castle experience, a day after leaving the show.
Ruthie, who moved to Suffolk as a teenager when her father David became editor of the EADT, said that the cold Welsh weather proved a challenge.
“It’s bitter, I kid you not,” she said. “And I think that’s a whole other level that’s been put on top of when they were in the jungle. At least they were warm.
“We had cold put on top of starving, disgusting food, vile trials. It really is a whole other level. The shower, oh my goodness. We were lucky if we got a couple of strands of our hair wet.
“If anybody ever looks at that show and thinks it looks easy, please come and talk to me, because it’s not. And everybody will come out and I bet you they will say the same thing.
“Honestly, I loved that experience and I loved it in a very odd way because it is difficult. But the camaraderie and the experience is one that very few people will ever get in their lives. And I’m really, really glad I did it and I met a load of lovely people. It makes me want to do more telly.”
Asked to sum up her experience in three words, Ruthie said: “Bitterly, brutally brilliant.”
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 7 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 8 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
She also discussed sharing details of her relationship with Prince Edward during a discussion with campmate Shane Richie.
Ruthie said: “I might have made a certain joke about something to Shane which I had no idea was being listened to at the time. But it was for a laugh, we were having a good time and I have no regrets.”
Ruthie said she had no intention of discussing her royal relationship before she entered the castle but got “carried away”.
She said: “Because you are with people 24/7 and you’re having conversations that you just get carried away with and don’t quite realise how revealing it is.”
The actress said a “little bit” had been revealed and promised to “keep the rest firmly tucked away”.
I’m a Celeb continues on ITV 1 at 9pm.