‘It really is a whole other level’ - Suffolk I’m a Celeb Star Ruthie reveals tough conditions in Welsh castle
- Credit: ITV/Joel Anderson
Suffolk I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star Ruthie Henshall has spoken of the harsh reality of her castle experience, a day after leaving the show.
Ruthie, who moved to Suffolk as a teenager when her father David became editor of the EADT, said that the cold Welsh weather proved a challenge.
“It’s bitter, I kid you not,” she said. “And I think that’s a whole other level that’s been put on top of when they were in the jungle. At least they were warm.
“We had cold put on top of starving, disgusting food, vile trials. It really is a whole other level. The shower, oh my goodness. We were lucky if we got a couple of strands of our hair wet.
“If anybody ever looks at that show and thinks it looks easy, please come and talk to me, because it’s not. And everybody will come out and I bet you they will say the same thing.
You may also want to watch:
“Honestly, I loved that experience and I loved it in a very odd way because it is difficult. But the camaraderie and the experience is one that very few people will ever get in their lives. And I’m really, really glad I did it and I met a load of lovely people. It makes me want to do more telly.”
Asked to sum up her experience in three words, Ruthie said: “Bitterly, brutally brilliant.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 8 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
She also discussed sharing details of her relationship with Prince Edward during a discussion with campmate Shane Richie.
Ruthie said: “I might have made a certain joke about something to Shane which I had no idea was being listened to at the time. But it was for a laugh, we were having a good time and I have no regrets.”
Ruthie said she had no intention of discussing her royal relationship before she entered the castle but got “carried away”.
She said: “Because you are with people 24/7 and you’re having conversations that you just get carried away with and don’t quite realise how revealing it is.”
The actress said a “little bit” had been revealed and promised to “keep the rest firmly tucked away”.
I’m a Celeb continues on ITV 1 at 9pm.