Plans to restore cooking school and cafe after devastating blaze
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been lodged to restore a Rougham warehouse used by a cafe and cooking school after the building was scorched in a fire earlier this year.
Infusions Ltd’s centre in Lundy Court, which houses the ICE cook school and cafe, suffered extensive damage after a fire broke out in March.
Included in the revamp scheme are plans to make “modest” changes to the exterior of the property and install four new windows.
Smithers Purslow, who submitted the application on behalf of Infusions, said the owner “desperately” needs to restore the kitchen and cafe to generate an income.
Planning documents submitted with the application said: “The business requires an urgent restart of the cafe and kitchens with the cook school and shop following on. To this end the building layout has been modified to facilitate this.
You may also want to watch:
“The general scale and appearance will remain unchanged from prior to the fire.”
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 4 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Major delays tail back on to A12 after crash
- 7 Missing 66-year-old woman found in field after search
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 10 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions