Icklingham: Motorist taken to hospital following two vehicle collision on A11
- Credit: Archant
GRITTERS were sent out to a section of the A11 after two vehicles collided, leaving one of the cars in a ditch.
Emergency services were called to the incident at Icklingham just before 5pm last night (Monday).
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the crash left a motorist trapped in their car.
The fire service was sent to the scene to remove the roof of the car so the motorist could be released.
The crash, which blocked part of the road, caused lengthy tailbacks.
You may also want to watch:
The police spokesman said the Highways Agency had been contacted to organise gritters to come out to the stretch of road due to the levels of snow.
A motorist was taken to hospital, however their injuries are not thought to be serious.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 6 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 9 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
The road was clear by 7.10pm.