Identity of killer teenager revealed
THE identity of a teenager who killed a former Essex schoolgirl has today been revealed for the first time.
THE identity of a killer teenager has today been revealed.
Hermanus Theodorus Kriel, 16, of Kerikeri, in New Zealand, has been named as the killer of former Essex schoolgirl Liberty Templeman.
The boy, known as Theo, was just 14, when he attacked the then 15-year-old, known to friends as Libby.
He strangled her before dragging her unconscious, leaving her face down in a stream to drown on November 1, 2008. Details of the 6ft 3in teenager had previously been kept from the public because of his age.
Libby moved to New Zealand with her parents, Andrew and Rebecca Templeman, for a better life.
- 1 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 2 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 3 'Ipswich will be my club for the rest of my days' - Chambers on Town return
- 4 Two arrests as man suffers serious injuries in pub brawl in seaside village
- 5 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 6 'Incredible' firefighters spend nearly 12 hours tackling forest blaze
- 7 Sir Cliff Richard sends best wishes to Summer Holiday cast
- 8 North Stander: The early signs are very positive for Town
- 9 Range Rover stolen from home in east Suffolk
- 10 Thousands head to Helmingham car show
She previously attended Colne Community School in Brightlingsea, Essex. She went missing in November 2008 and her body was later found in a stream in Kerikeri.
Kriel was found guilty of the murder by an 11-1 majority yesterday. He will be sentenced in March.