Identity of killer teenager revealed
THE identity of a teenager who killed a former Essex schoolgirl has today been revealed for the first time.
THE identity of a killer teenager has today been revealed.
Hermanus Theodorus Kriel, 16, of Kerikeri, in New Zealand, has been named as the killer of former Essex schoolgirl Liberty Templeman.
The boy, known as Theo, was just 14, when he attacked the then 15-year-old, known to friends as Libby.
You may also want to watch:
He strangled her before dragging her unconscious, leaving her face down in a stream to drown on November 1, 2008. Details of the 6ft 3in teenager had previously been kept from the public because of his age.
Libby moved to New Zealand with her parents, Andrew and Rebecca Templeman, for a better life.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 5 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 9 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 10 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
She previously attended Colne Community School in Brightlingsea, Essex. She went missing in November 2008 and her body was later found in a stream in Kerikeri.
Kriel was found guilty of the murder by an 11-1 majority yesterday. He will be sentenced in March.