Man arrested in connection with illegal streaming of premium TV channels
- Credit: Archant
A man in Hollesley has been arrested in connection with illegal streaming of premium television channels to more than 100,000 people.
On Tuesday 30 June, officers from the Cyber and Serious Organised Crime team executed a warrant at a property in the Hollesley area near Woodbridge regarding the illegal streaming of premium TV channels and other copyrighted content to thousands of people over the internet.
While at the property officers were able to disable the suspected illegal streams and deliver an on-screen message to those watching that the material they were accessing was believed to be unlawful, with the stream broadcasting to more than 100,000 registered users.
Officers are aware there is further speculation that the message they displayed on the stream was thought to be a hoax displayed by the suspect, but the police have reiterated that it was a genuine police warning issued as part of their operation.
A 24-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of facilitating others to commit the offence of obtaining services dishonestly, as well as concealing or converting criminal property.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect was questioned at Suffolk Constabulary’s Martlesham HQ and has now been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 2 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 3 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 4 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 5 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 8 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed