Images released in sex assault case
IMAGES have been released of a man police want to speak to in connection with sexual assaults on two young girls in busy west Suffolk shops.The release follows an indecent assault of a 12-year-old girl at the Warehouse Clearance Store in Anglian Lane, Bury St Edmunds on Tuesday.
IMAGES have been released of a man police want to speak to in connection with sexual assaults on two young girls in busy west Suffolk shops.
The release follows an indecent assault of a 12-year-old girl at the Warehouse Clearance Store in Anglian Lane, Bury St Edmunds between 3.20pm and 3.30pm on Tuesday.
The girl was shopping with her family but browsing alone near the front of the store when a man approached her and touched her inappropriately.
She screamed and he ran off into the car park, got into a dark blue car and drove away the wrong way round the car park.
The man is described as white, in his 40s, 5ft 8in to 5ft 10in tall, with short but messy brown greying hair.
He was wearing large brown/yellow glasses, a black leather jacket, a brown top and possibly walking boots and black trousers. The incident has been linked to a similar sex assault on a 10-year-old girl at WH Smith in Cornhill about an hour before.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Frustration as temporary traffic lights left in place for nearly a year
- 6 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 7 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 9 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 10 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
Calls in relation to this incident should be made to DS Andy Smith at Bury CID on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.