In a commanding position looking out to sea
- Credit: Archant
Old Mill is an elegant Victorian home, overlooking Southwold Common with views to the harbour, coastlien and Walberswick. It could be yours for £1.75m.
Old Mill has an enviable position in the popular seaside town of Southwold.
This elegant Victorian family home is in a commanding position overlooking Southwold Common with views further on towards the harbour, Walberswick and the sea.
Southwold Common is 130 acres of land, used by local people for sport and informal recreation.
It was left to the town by a wealthy 15th Century merchant, William Godell.
Homes by the common are always highly prized in the seaside town.
This house has well planned and versatile accommodation over three floors, featuring two reception rooms with bay windows with views to the sea.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
Overlooking the walled rear garden is a splendid breakfast room and a kitchen fitted with a bespoke range of kitchen units and with French doors opening into the walled garden.
There is also a separate study, a utility room and a shower room.
The first and second floors of Old Mill feature four bedroom suites, each bedroom having an en suite shower or bathroom.
The two principal bedrooms have outstanding, far-reaching views over Southwold Common to the Blyth estuary and the Suffolkk coastline.
At the rear the attractive walled garden has a lawn and paved terrace, offering privacy and shelter.
There is also a summerhouse and an integral garage.
At the front of the property is a pretty garden opening directly onto Southwold Common.
Old Mill is at the edge of The Paddock, which forms the inner part of the common.
Although this is a quiet position, High Street shops, restaurants and other amenities are in walking distance.
Southwold is popular destination for holidaymakers and popular for residents too with a wide range of leisure and other ameniites.
It is famous for its beach, pier and lighthouse.
There is the working harbour, sailing and golf courses and the Suffolk Heritage Coast area to explore nearby.
Old Mill, The Common, Southwold has a guide price of £1.75m. It is on sale with Flick & Son.