Police and forensic officers spotted in Felixstowe’s King Street
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Police and forensic officers were seen in King Street, Felixstowe, yesterday afternoon.
Witnesses reported seeing several police and forensic vans in the area.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary confirmed there was a police operation in King Street yesterday, but was not able to give any further information due to an ongoing investigation.
He said there was no threat to the wider public.
The news follows a series of reports by residents who said they had seen an increased police presence in the town over the past week.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary confirmed that extra patrols were in both Ipswich and Felixstowe on Thursday, May 10, as officers executed a number of warrants in connection with alleged drug offences.
“The presence of armed police may have caused some concern in the vicinity, but we can reassure residents that there is no wider threat to the local community,” they added.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
A bomb squad was also called to an address in Felixstowe the same day.
The police spokesman confirmed they had called the unit, based in Colchester, but that they left the scene without needing to carry out any controlled explosions while there.
It is not known if the incident in King Street is connected with the above.