Information evenings to recruit new police volunteers in Suffolk
A series of information evenings are being held by Suffolk Police Special Constabulary in the coming weeks in a bid to encourage more people to think about becoming a volunteer officer.
The evenings give local residents the opportunity to find out more about what being a voluntary police officer involves, the benefits and the contribution they can make to help keep Suffolk safe.
The dates are:
Monday, November 9 at the Cedars Hotel, Needham Road, Stowmarket, IP14 2AJ, from 7.30pm.
Monday, November 16 at the police headquarters, Martlesham Heath, IP5 3QS, from 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday, December 1 at Riverside, 4 Canning Road, Lowestoft, NR33 0QS, from 7pm.
Monday, December 7 at Newmarket Best Western Hotel, Moulton Road, CB8 8DY, from 7.30pm.
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
Becoming a special constable is a good way for people to try police work before applying to become a full-time officer, and to give something back to their communities.
Around 250 individuals, from a variety of different backgrounds, already volunteer a few hours each month to support regular full-time police officers across the county.
Anyone aged 18 and over can volunteer, and could become involved in uniformed patrols, drugs warrants, make arrests, help police at events such as the Suffolk Show and be be part of Safer Neighbourhood Teams.
Anyone who is interested in volunteering but unable to attend the meetings can get more information online at www.suffolk.police.uk.
To confirm attendance at one of the events, email HR-Recruitment@suffolk.pnn.police.uk.