Injury woe for Wolverhampton star
WOLVERHAMPTON skipper Peter Karlsson is to see a specialist in Sweden in a bid to make a rapid return from a broken collarbone.Karlsson suffered the injury in Wolves' 56-40 play-off first leg win over Lakeside - but still hopes to ride next Monday.
WOLVERHAMPTON skipper Peter Karlsson is to see a specialist in Sweden in a bid to make a rapid return from a broken collarbone.
Karlsson suffered the injury in Wolves' 56-40 play-off first leg win over Lakeside - but still hopes to ride next Monday.
Manager Peter Adams said: "He is such an important rider for us, and if we are without him it will be a blow to our play-off chances."
Meanwhile Coventry and Swindon fought out a 45-45 draw in the first leg of their play-off semi-final at Brandon.
You may also want to watch:
The home side hit back from 10-point deficit, with Rory Schlein showing his best form for some weeks in winning Heats 13 and 15.
Schlein said: "To get wins over (Leigh) Adams and (Matej) Zagar was really good for me, and Swindon know we will battle and fight next week."
- 1 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 4 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 5 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 6 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 9 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 10 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs