Inquest into Suffolk flat fire death
AN INQUEST will be held into the death of a man following a flat fire in Mildenhall.
Mark McGowan, 34, died after the blaze at his home in Mill Park Gardens in the early hours of Friday.
Mr McGowan, who worked for Marshall Vehicle Engineering at Mildenhall Industrial Estate, was pronounced dead at his home address at about 4.19am.
An inquest is due to be opened and adjourned at 3pm today at the Coroners Office at Bury St Edmunds Police Station.
Mr McGowan was described as “the nicest bloke you will ever meet” by one of his long-standing friends.
You may also want to watch:
The popular man is believed to have worked at a number of pubs in Mildenhall before joining Marshall Vehicle Engineering, where he had worked for three years.
- 1 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 2 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 3 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 4 Pub near Stowmarket closes temporarily due to Covid-19 case
- 5 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 6 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Pair arrested for alleged sex assault on young woman
- 9 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 10 Sweltering Suffolk could see hottest day this year ahead of thunderstorms