Sudden death of 22-year-old woman from Newmarket was drug-related, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A coroner has concluded the sudden death of a 22-year-old woman from Newmarket was drug-related.
Bethany Shiels, of All Saints Road, was found unresponsive at her boyfriend’s house in Granby Street on May 3.
In inquest in Ipswich yesterday heard Miss Shiels had visited the Wetherspoons pub in the town before going to a party, returning to her boyfriend’s home with a friend at around 5am.
Senior Suffolk Coroner Nigel Parsley said a close friend if Miss Shiels had died two weeks before, and that she had been going out frequently to take her mind off it. A toxicology report revealed Miss Shiels had cocaine and amitriptyline in her system at the time of her death.
Mr Parsley gave the medical cause of death as sudden cardiac death or acute cardiac failure and ingestion of cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “I will therefore record that Bethany Shiels died as a result of a drug-related death.”
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 4 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening