Sunny

Sunny

max temp: 19°C

min temp: 6°C

Search

Inquest opens into death of 'high risk missing person' Thomas Chappell

PUBLISHED: 17:34 18 October 2018 | UPDATED: 17:35 18 October 2018

An inquest has opened into the death of 22-year-old Thomas Chappell. Picture: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY

An inquest has opened into the death of 22-year-old Thomas Chappell. Picture: SUFFOLK CONSTABULARY

Archant

An inquest has been opened and adjourned into the death of a 22-year-old high risk missing person from Hartest.

The body of Thomas Chappell, of Somerton Hill Road, Hartest, was discovered in a field in Rede near Bury St Edmunds on Wednesday, August 8.

Assistant Suffolk coroner Kevin McCarthy said at an inquest in Ipswich on Wednesday, October 18: “Thomas was a high risk missing person.

“He had been missing from his parents’ home in Hartest since Monday, August 6 and his body was found in a field near Rede.”

A missing persons appeal was launched by Suffolk police following Mr Chappell’s disappearance.

His car, a silver Renault Clio, had been found abandoned in a field near Brockley.

Mr McCarthy said a post mortem revealed the medical cause of death was asphyxia, hypothermia and illegal drug use.

The coroner adjourned the inquest until January next year.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the East Anglian Daily Times

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists