Man died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A 62-year-old Suffolk man died after “inhaling a sandwich”, in inquest has heard.
Alistair Paterson, from Rendlesham, died on September 12, 2019, at Ipswich Hospital.
At the opening of an inquest into his death, at Suffolk Coroner's Court in Ipswich, senior coroner Nigel Parsley said: "Mr Paterson inhaled a sandwich while eating which caused him to choke and go into cardiac arrest."
He received CPR and was rushed to the accident and emergency department at Ipswich Hospital where he again went into cardiac arrest. Medics conducted CPR and managed to revive him a second time.
However, Mr Parsley said after a CT scan, he showed signs of a poor prognosis and after the family were informed, a decision was made to withdraw treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Parsley said he died with his family by his side.
The inquest will resume later next year.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter