Lowestoft man, 46, was found dead on trip to Bulgaria, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
Mystery surrounds the death of a ‘fit and healthy’ man from Lowestoft who was found dead while on holiday in Europe.
Martin Jackson, 46, was found dead by his partner on August 11 in Bulgaria.
At the opening of an inquest, at Suffolk Coroner's Court in Ipswich on Friday, coroner's officer Natalia Vigeura said: "Martin died in Bulgaria.
"He had not been ill or needed to see a doctor for the past two years.
"He was a fit and healthy person.
You may also want to watch:
"On the evening of August 11 he told his partner and 12-year-old son he wasn't feeling very well and went to lie down."
She said he was later found face down on his bed and paramedics were called, but they were unable to resuscitate him.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 7 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 8 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 9 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 10 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
After a post mortem, a cause of death could not be determined.
A case review is set to take place on January 5 before the inquest resumes on March 16.