Inquest opens into death of woman who died after night out drinking with friends
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of a 31-year-old woman from Bury St Edmunds who died after a night out drinking with friends.
Zeta Maria Doherty died at her home in Prospect Row on Friday, August 23.
Coroners' officer Julie Leacock told the inquest Miss Doherty had gone out with three friends on August 22 to a fourth friend's house in the town, spending the evening drinking spirits.
She said at 10.30pm the four left the friend's house and returned to Prospect Row.
At one point, a friend noticed Miss Doherty was "wobbly on her feet" and unable to stand.
You may also want to watch:
When asked if she had taken anything, she said she had taken "a load of" an epilepsy and anxiety medication. Her friends woke at 9am and found Miss Doherty unresponsive.
An ambulance was called and her friends started CPR but she could not be revived.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The inquest resumes on January 10 next year.