Ipswich Town star James Norwood wrestling match set to sell out
- Credit: Archant
Just 80 tickets remain for a charity wrestling event that will see WWE-loving Ipswich Town striker James Norwood enter the ring.
Organised by the International Pro Wrestling League, the "Norwood Mania" charity event for Cancer Research UK will see six live matches featuring professional wrestlers and a cameo from the League One club's top goal scorer.
It comes following Norwood's rise to international fame with his wrestling-themed goal GIF celebrations posted on the club's social media pages - including the famous 'people's elbow' move made famous by wrestler turned Hollywood actor Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson.
Which wrestling moves Norwood will pull out of his bag of tricks on the night remain unknwon, although organiser Mark Young hinted that town fans will be in for a treat when the WWE-adoring forward enters the ring.
He added: "A big red banner above the doors saying 'SELL OUT' would be incredible and add to a brilliant atmosphere.
You may also want to watch:
"I understand it is a Wednesday night but this is such a unique and fun opportunity to raise money for a fantastic charity."
Doors for the event open at 6.30pm on Wednesday, September 18, with tickets priced at £10 available here.
Tickets will also be available for a charity raffle.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 8 Police officers praised for saving baby's life with CPR
- 9 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology
- 10 Bill Turnbull announces leave from Classic FM show for health reasons