Investigation starts into ‘suspicious’ fire
FORENSIC investigators are looking into the cause of a house fire thought to have been started deliberately.
EMERGENCY services were at the scene of a serious house fire today which investigators think was started deliberately.
The occupants of the house in Leighton Square, south Ipswich, were initially thought to be trapped inside, but firefighters have now confirmed they are all accounted for.
Three fire crews from Princes Street and Colchester Road fire stations attended the blaze shortly after 8.30am today, along with police and paramedics.
They battled the flames and had the fire under control by 9.10am, before ventilating the property of smoke.
You may also want to watch:
Forensic investigators were on the scene to ascertain the cause of the fire, which is thought to be suspicious.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 3 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 6 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 9 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 10 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close