Investigation under way into cause of fire
Investigation underway into cause of blaze in derelict houses in Essex
AN investigation has been launched into the cause of a major blaze at a range of derelict houses in Essex.
The roof in the affected area partially collapsed when fire broke at just after 5.30pm in the Old Officers' Mess, Shoeburyness, near Southend.
Ten crews were called to the scene where the roofs and first floors of a series of derelict houses were 80% alight.
Last night, crews were still at the scene, damping down and checking for hotspots.
You may also want to watch:
A joint investigation by the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service and Essex police into the cause of the blaze is now underway.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 6 The 36 best restaurants in Suffolk according to the AA guide
- 7 5 cheap or free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 8 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 9 Cornell attracting Championship interest as Ipswich contract is terminated
- 10 GP surgery with more than 3,000 patients announces closure