Investigations continue after report of accosting and assault on child in Halstead
- Credit: Archant
Police are continuing investigations to determine the circumstances surrounding a report of an accosting and assault on a child in Halstead.
The incident took place on Mill Bridge around 8.30am on Monday, January 8, and officers have been working with the ten-year-old boy to establish what happened and are exploring avenues to verify the initial report.
Police are continuing to engage with local schools and community groups and extra officer patrols having been put in place throughout the area.
Essex Police says it has not received any further reports of approaches being made and is examining CCTV footage.
Anyone who was in the Mill Bridge area at the time and has dash cam footage or information about the incident is asked to call Braintree police station on 101, quoting reference 42/3699/18.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org/give-information
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s