Ipswich and Thetford: Teen found guilty of murder
A 19-YEAR-old has today been convicted of murder following a two week trial.
Ryan Bowers of Ely Way in Thetford was found guilty of the murder of Anthony Adams following an incident in June last year.
His girlfriend, 20-year-old Shana Langston of Ipswich, was also found guilty of assisting him.
At approximately 2pm on June 5 last year, officers were called to Ely Way and found 19-year-old Anthony with serious chest injuries.
He was treated by paramedics at the scene and taken to hospital but died a short time later.
You may also want to watch:
Langston, of Ipswich, hid the knives that Ryan Bowers had used to stab Anthony and encouraged him to leave the scene.
Detective Inspector Andy Guy, of the Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team, said this afternoon: “It is incredibly sad that these two young men had been friends before the events that took place in June last year. “Anthony has now lost his life and Ryan Bowers will spend a large part of his in prison.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
“Throughout the trial Ryan Bowers said he didn’t mean to kill Anthony, just use the knives to scare him.
“I have heard this many times over the years and the really clear message I want to send out is - do not carry knives. “Those that do could risk finding themselves in the same position as Ryan Bowers.”