Ipswich: Appeal after man is assaulted and robbed
POLICE are appealing for information following a robbery in Ipswich.
The incident took place at around 2am yesterday in Woodbridge Road, near Samuel Court, but was reported to police later in the afternoon.
A 30-year-old man was walking along the pavement when three male offenders appeared on bikes from an alleyway on the opposite side of the road and rode towards him.
The victim was threatened and assaulted, causing him to fall to the ground. When the victim awoke, the offenders had gone.
The victim sustained a cut below his eye and bruising and an amount of cash was stolen from him.
You may also want to watch:
He returned home and later visited the hospital. The incident was then reported to police.
The three offenders are described as black men in their late teens to early twenties, all were clean shaven and riding on BMX bikes.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The first offender is described as about 5ft 7ins, of a stocky build and was wearing a grey hooded top.
The second offender was approximately 6ft and was wearing a dark coloured hooded top with a silver logo on the front.
The third offender was also about 6ft and was wearing a dark coloured hooded top.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Ipswich Priority Crime Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.