Staff at McColl’s in Ipswich threatened with handgun during armed robbery
Two hooded men are reported to have threatened Ipswich shop staff with a handgun before making off with cash from the till.
Suffolk police were called to an alleged armed robbery at McColl’s in Maidenhall Green, shortly after 8pm on Wednesday.
Officers were told two men entered the premises and threatened staff with a handgun before making off with money from the till.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said one man was wearing black tracksuit trousers, a blue zipped hooded top with another black hooded top underneath, and a pair of black leather gloves.
The second man wore a black hooded coat, black tracksuit trousers and white trainers.
You may also want to watch:
Both men were about 5ft 7ins – 5ft 9ins in height and both were wearing scarves.
The shop has been the victim of repeated robberies and break-ins in recent years.
- 1 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 3 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 4 'A rut had set in and it needed to change... we will have got one or two wrong' - Cook on his Ipswich Town squad cull
- 5 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 6 Evans on Town's 'powerful' mantra, not shying away from favourites tag and working under Cook again
- 7 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 8 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 9 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting CAD 351.