Ipswich: Arrest in Bell Close kidnap probe
- Credit: Archant
A WOMAN has been arrested in relation to an incident where a man was kidnapped and burnt.
Police today said a 23-year-old woman, from Ipswich, has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to kidnap.
She is being held at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre where she will be questioned by officers.
A man in his mid 20s suffered burns to his arms, chest and stomach on Monday when he was kidnapped at knifepoint, driven to a house and blindfolded.
The man who has been named locally as ‘John’, was parked in a silver Mercedes in Bell Close, Ipswich, at 3.15pm on Monday when two men got into the car and threatened him with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
He was forced into the back of a car and driven to a house where he held captive for about three hours.
Officers executed two warrants at properties in the town this morning. One of which, a property in Purplett Street, is believed to be the address the victim was taken too.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 6 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 9 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 10 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
The man was blindfolded and his captors demanded money. During the ordeal he suffered burns to his chest, stomach and arms when his captors poured boiling water over him
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.