Ipswich: Banger battle’s due back in town with host of new attractions
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
An annual banger bash has become such a hit that organisers have this year arranged for coaches to bring in visiting sausage fans.
A battle of the bangers will be once again waged at Framlingham Sausage Festival on Saturday, October 11, when the local Hall Farm Butchers will try to defend their title.
A dozen sausage producers at 12 venues around town will compete for votes from visitors, who get a trail map entitling them to tastings, workshops, entertainment and even limo rides. Event mascot Teddie (Theodora), the sausage dog, will be making an appearance – as will local magician Tom Ramsay.
Organiser Jenny Stockman said the event will raise funds for local groups Framlingham Sports Club, Framlingham Area Youth Action Partnership and Framlingham’s community radio station, Radio Castle.
The event is also being used as work experience for several young people, including event photographer Mia Pascoe, 14.
You may also want to watch:
In a cheeky twist to this year’s SausageFest, visitors can get their hands on a pair of promotional boxer shorts, as well as unisex T-shirts.
Visit framsausagefest.co.uk for full details.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 9 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 10 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich