Ipswich: Blaze in bedroom

A FIRE in a bedroom sparked an emergency alert this morning as firefighters rushed to put out the flames.

Crews from Colchester Road and Princes Street attended the fire which started in the upstairs bedroom of a two-storey detached house in Spenser Road shortly before 10.15am today.

Firefighters arrived to find a small fire involving an electrical plug socket in the bedroom but were able to get it under control by 10.40am.

The room was badly damaged and the house filled with smoke.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus