Ipswich: Body found at home in Portman Road
POLICE have said that the discovery of a body at a home in Portman Road is not being treated as suspicious.
A 21-year-old Ipswich man was found dead yesterday morning at about 9.45am.
Police, an ambulance and a rapid response vehicle were sent to the scene after a member of the public was unable to get an answer from the front door.
Officers gained entry but found the man had already died. It is believed he had committed suicide.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We were called by the police to attend for a male collapse. We attended with the police and unfortunately it was confirmed that the person was dead on arrival.”
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said there were no suspicious circumstances and that a file had been sent to the coroner.
- 1 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 2 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 3 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 4 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 5 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 8 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 10 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo