Ipswich: Bomb experts called out to “suspicious package” find backpack containing leaflets in two-hour drama
- Credit: Archant
BOMB disposal experts spent more than two hours dealing with a “suspicious package” yesterday – and discovered a backpack containing leaflets.
Police and bomb disposal unit experts were alerted to the suspicious package on Annbrook Road – on the junction with Sheldrake Drive – in Ipswich following reports at around 10.30am.
Police cordoned off Annbrook Road and Birkfield Drive was closed as the bomb disposal experts dealt with the incident and considered evacuating homes in the area.
A police spokesman confirmed the backpack was found to contain only leaflets.
The incident was dealt with by 12.50pm. No homes were evacuated.
You may also want to watch:
Were you the backpack owner? Let us know by calling the newsdesk on 01473 324 730.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder