Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been taken to hospital after a house fire in an Ipswich street.
Crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service were called to the home in Bristol Road, off Woodbridge Road, at 10.24am on Thursday.
Three fire engines from Princes Street and Ipswich East stations and officers from Suffolk police attended the scene.
A "stop" to the incident was called by the fire service less than an hour later at 11.22am, meaning the fire was under control.
An ambulance and an air ambulance were also called and one person has been taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment.
Firefighters at the scene confirmed a woman was being treated.
Her condition is not known at this time.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham