Ipswich: Burnt cooking fills flat with smoke

IPSWICH: Firefighters were called to a suspected flat fire to find the smell of burning had been caused by cooking left on a hot plate.

Crews from Ipswich’s Princes Street station and Colchester Road headquarters attended a smoke logged flat - one of a two-storey block in Finbars Walk, off Foxhall Road - shortly after 1.15am this morning.

But a reported burning smell turned out to be cooking left on a hot plate.

Firefighters ventilated the property before returning to base before 2am.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus