Suffolk weather: Cloudy and dry - with patchy rain on the way
- Credit: Archant
Cloudy skies and cool temperatures in Suffolk and Essex today - but how long will we have to wait for rain?
East Anglia is forecast to stay dry and cloudy today and into the weekend, with a chance of sunny spells breaking through the cloud cover later in the afternoon.
Highs of 12-14C are due on Thursday, with light winds from the south-west bringing down temperatures closer to the coast.
Suffolk and Essex get a brighter forecast than most of the UK, with drizzle and showers in the north and over Scotland and mist early this morning in the south-west.
Weatherquest meteorologist Fred Best said: “the weather looks like it will be remaining dry for some time. There is a small chance of rain reaching the region as rain moves in from the west, with some areas seeing a few spots of rain on Saturday, but nothing more than this.
You may also want to watch:
“High pressure, arriving on Monday and Tuesday, could create the environment for some showers in Tuesday afternoon and into Wednesday, but otherwise it looks to be mostly on the dry side.”
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront