Ipswich: Casualty treated for inhaling smoke fumes after kitchen blaze

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

A person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a house in Ipswich today.

One crew from Ipswich East and the on-call crew from Princes Street were called to the oven fire at a house in Peterhouse Close, Ipswich.

The crews reached the blaze at 4.40pm and discovered that there had been a fire in a cooker that was out when they arrived.

One person was suffering the effects of breathing in smoke and an ambulance was called.

The situation was under control by 5pm and all crews were back at base by 6pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus