Ipswich: Chance to reminisce at primary school reunion
- Credit: Contributed
FORMER students are invited to share their memories of times gone by at a school reunion later this year.
Pupils who left Britannia Primary School, Ipswich, in 1963 are invited to attend the get-together in July.
The event has been organised by former pupil Irene Wragg, nee Youell.
She said: “It means it’s 50 years since we left school. Some of us went on to Northgate, Copleston and Ipswich High School, while some moved away.”
Mrs Wragg, 61, of Britannia Road, is organising the reunion with the help of former pupils Nancy Flisher, Marilyn Allen and Mary Berriman.
The school year was split into two years with about 30 pupils in each class.
Mrs Wragg added: “We have managed to trace several people and are up to 20 now.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?
- 7 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 8 PM ‘dropped a clanger’ with garden bash apology, legal expert suggests
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
“We are finding more people as we go along and have found others through former classmates.
“We’ve got people planning to come along from the Isle of Wight and Spain and we’ve even managed to get in touch with an ex-pupil who now lives in Australia.
“It’s just a case of getting the word around that the reunion is going to happen and finding as many classmates as possible.
“It would be lovely to get everyone together and share some memories.”
Mrs Wragg said she has fond memories of her school days with trips to Yorkshire and Kent, school plays and headteacher Mr Poulter who taught her to understand music. The reunion will be held at the Lattice Barn pub on July 20 at 7.30pm.
Email: britanniababyboomers63@gmailcom for more information about the reunion.