Ipswich: Chance to show off produce at foodies’ festival
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of Ipswich’s popular Food and Drink Festival are calling on local food and drink producers and growers to reserve a pitch for this year’s event.
Restaurant owners and chefs are also being invited to sign up for the extravaganza on the Waterfront which will include cooking demonstrations, a beer festival, children’s activities and live music.
Last year’s inaugural festival, organised by the Market Square Group, proved extremely popular.
Paul Kennedy, the group event co-ordinator, said: “The 2014 festival promises to be bigger and better than last year, showcasing the very best homemade, locally-sourced seasonal fayre from the local area alongside a tasty, exotic and colourful mix from across the globe.”
Carole Jones, economic development portfolio-holder at Ipswich Borough Council, said: “This is a big date in the Ipswich calendar and offers yet another reason for thousands of people to visit our Waterfront and also explore the town centre.”
You may also want to watch:
The event is being held at Orwell Quay from May 16-18.
Contact Kirsty Marriott at email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 5 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 8 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 9 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 10 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets