Ipswich: Chinese restaurant is one of Britain’s Best
A Chinese restaurant is celebrating after being named as one of the UK’s best.
Trong’s, in St Nicholas Street, was the only Ipswich restaurant to feature in the Sunday Times’s top 130 restaurants in the under �50 per person category.
But the owners only found out when a customer told them!
The Sunday Times described the popular restaurant, which has been run by the Trong family for 15 years, as “one of Ipswich’s few top-quality restaurants”.
However, owner Fu Trong revealed they were only made aware of the achievement when a customer brought in a copy of the paper.
You may also want to watch:
“We didn’t know until he brought in the newspaper and showed us,” said Fu.
“Obviously we were very pleased and it was great to receive national recognition.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 9 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 10 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
“It is a great reward for all the hard work we put in every day. We have been going for 15 years but we treat each day as day one.
“The future is looking strong for us. We can serve up to 55-60 people but we concentrate on high quality food and service.
“We are glad to keep Ipswich on the map!”