Ipswich: Chip pan crisis averted

A smoking chip pan was to blame for an oven fire in Ipswich last night.

Two fire engines from the town were called to the kitchen of an address in Edgeworth Road, which had begun to fill with smoke.

The small blaze broke out at around 8.15pm but was quickly extinguished within a few minutes before firefighters ventilated the property and returned to base.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus