Roadshow unites Ipswich’s most deprived community in ‘joyous’ celebration
- Credit: Archant
A diverse Ipswich community rallied for a “creative and joyous” celebration bringing “positivity” to a deprived neighbourhood.
Hundreds attended today’s Jubilee Park Roadshow to enjoy food, music and fun workshops.
Organised by Ipswich Community Media, the event featured 22 organisations, including charities and voluntary groups offering advice and information.
Visitors enjoyed graffiti workshops, skipping, beat-boxing, sports, the Freedom Sound System and more.
Ipswich Community Media’s Cad Taylor said the event went “extremely well”.
“The whole idea is about bringing a creative, joyous celebration and a host of activities to an area that often misses out,” she added.
“Westgate Ward is Ipswich’s most deprived community but there are lots of energetic, bombastic people here who want to make a difference.”
To volunteer with ICM email Ms Taylor.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off