Ipswich: Crews called to fire in roof of building
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews have tackled a blaze in the roof of a building in Ipswich.
The incident was reported at just before 10pm and two crews from Princes Street fire station and a third from Ipswich East, along with the turntable ladder, were sent to the scene in London Road.
A Suffolk County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “A number of calls were received in control, one of which stated that they believed there may be persons involved in the fire so a further fire engine was sent from Princes Street.
“At 10.07pm a message was received from the scene advising that all persons were accounted for and crews were using a short extension ladder and thermal imaging camera for a fire in the flat roof of a house.”
The flames was under control by 10.18pm and crews had returned to their stations by 10.36pm.
You may also want to watch:
There were no reported injuries.
Crews across the county were also called out to several smaller incidents on throughout the evening - including a house fire in Orford Road in Bromeswell, a kitchen fire in Poplar Road, Great Cornard, an oven fire in Larchcroft Road, Ipswich, and a kitchen blaze in Hawthorne Avenue, Lowestoft - but in each case the firefighters were not called into action as the flames were out on arrival.
- 1 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 10 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car