Ipswich: Crews tackle flat fire

A SAUCEPAN sparked a blaze at a flat in Ipswich today.

The fire broke out at the home in Pearse Way in Purdis Farm at around noon.

Two crews from Princes Street and another from Colchester Road fire stations were alerted after reports of people inside the property.

They discovered the first-floor flat smoke logged and traced the source of the flames to a saucepan on a cooker in the kitchen.

A spokesman for the fire brigade said all persons were accounted for and the fire was brought under control quickly before crews ventilated the property.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus