Jail for driver caught with drugs on A14
- Credit: ARCHANT
The driver of a car which was found to have £200 of cannabis in the boot when it was stopped by police on the A14 has been jailed.
Police officers noticed a strong smell of cannabis and the driver of the vehicle Tatenda Goredema tested positive for cannabis, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
He was arrested and when the car was searched officers found 29.97g of cannabis, which was worth £200 in the boot, said Gareth Hughes, prosecuting.
A further 12g of cannabis, worth around £100, was found in his possession at the police station as well as two mobile phones.
When the phones were analysed a message advertising cannabis for sale was discovered, said Mr Hughes.
You may also want to watch:
Goredema, 21, who is currently serving a prison sentence, admitted possessing cannabis with intent to supply on February 13 this year and being concerned in making an offer to supply cannabis between January 1, 2019 and February 13, 2019.
He was jailed for nine months to run consecutively to a three year sentence he is currently serving for possessing cocaine with intent to supply and dangerous driving.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 4 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 5 'I'll never shut up shop' - Cook on 2-2 draw at Cambridge United
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-2 Cambridge draw
- 9 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 10 Cambridge United 2-2 Ipswich Town: Blues let their lead slip again in draw
Goredema, who was not legally represented, told the court he had learned his lesson and wanted to lead a normal life when he was released from prison.