Man jailed after stamping on girlfriend’s face during row
- Credit: Archant
A Colchester man is now behind bars after being found guilty of attacking his girlfriend.
Joshua Smith, of Straight Road, stamped on his partner’s face during a row.
During a trial at Ipswich Crown Court, the 27-year-old had denied attempting to wound Charlotte Munns with intent to cause her grievous bodily harm, and assaulting her causing actual bodily harm.
He was found guilty of both offences by a jury and as well as being jailed he was banned from contacting Miss Munns for five years.
Giving evidence during his trial, Smith denied grabbing Miss Munns by the throat and pinning her against a wall during an argument on May 14.
You may also want to watch:
Smith also denied punching her while she was lying on a bed and then stamping on her face while she was on the kitchen floor.
He claimed injuries to her face were caused by her falling down the stairs while she was chasing him during a row.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 4 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 6 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 7 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 8 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
Smith also denied assaulting Miss Munns a week earlier on May 7 by throwing a hot spatula at her during an argument, causing a burn on her back.
He claimed the injury was caused accidentally.