Sunshine and Showers

Sunshine and Showers

max temp: 6°C

min temp: 3°C

Search

Man who robbed schoolboy of watch near Chantry Park dealt suspended sentence and curfew

PUBLISHED: 15:47 04 May 2018 | UPDATED: 15:47 04 May 2018

The robbery happened near Chantry Park in Ipswich. Picture: SARAH LUCY BROWN

The robbery happened near Chantry Park in Ipswich. Picture: SARAH LUCY BROWN

Archant

An Ipswich schoolboy was pushed up against a fence and robbed of his watch as he walked home from a barbecue, a court has heard.

The 15-year-old had been at a barbecue in Bramford Road on the evening of August 4 last year and was walking home alone along London Road in the area of Chantry Park when he saw two males ahead of him, Ipswich Crown Court was told.

One of the men approached him and asked for a cigarette and the boy recognised him as Christon Duberry, said Joanne Eley, prosecuting.

Duberry had then asked the boy if he could try on his watch, which had cost £19.99, and when he refused Duberry had grabbed his wrist and pushed him up against a fence.

Duberry made a comment which the boy took to be a threat to stab him and when the watch was unclasped and fell to the ground Duberry picked it up and walked off with it.

Duberry, 21, of Kelly Road, Ipswich, admitted robbery and was given a 12 month prison sentence suspended for two years, a six month curfew and a 20 day rehabilitation requirement.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

A Suffolk man has plead guilty to causing injury by dangerous driving at Ipswich Magistrates court today after a woman was left with life threatening injuries following a car crash on the A1120.

There is good news for bargain hunters in Stowmarket as a discount store bids to make a return to the town.

A ground-breaking tech company that recently relocated from Cambridge to Suffolk has been working with University of Essex researchers on technology designed to make our online data safer.

From its ‘Go Bananas’ HQ in Bury St Edmunds, this forest advanture company now employs more than 1,000 people across the UK and the US.

Multi-million pound plans to transform a Suffolk RAF base into the first permanent international site for US fighter jets have been announced.

A Suffolk man accused of duping a disabled man into handing over tens of thousands of pounds has had his case sent up to crown court.

Suffolk police are warning drivers of delays across a number of the county’s roads after a series of collisions.

Most read

Show Job Lists

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to the following newsletters:

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy

MyDate24 MyPhotos24