Man, 20, caught with 100 indecent images of children on phone
- Credit: Archant
A “naive” Suffolk man who had 100 indecent images of children on his mobile phone has been given a community order.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Monday was Kaine Whitbread, 20, of Greencroft, Woolpit who admitted making indecent images of children and possessing a prohibited image of a child.
He was given a 12 month community order, a 30 day rehabilitation activity requirement and ordered to do 140 hours unpaid work.
Whitbread was also ordered to sign the sex offenders' register for five years and was made the subject of a sexual harm prevention order for the same period.
Sentencing him, Judge David Pugh described Whitbread as "naive and immature" and said there was an element of him being coerced.
You may also want to watch:
He said 53 of the indecent images and four movies found on his phone were in the most serious level A category.
Marc Brown, prosecuting, said police seized Whitbread's phone after receiving information that his email address had been used to upload indecent images of children to a Dropbox account.
- 1 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 10 Fiat 500 on its side after crash in Woodbridge
Charles Kellett, for Whitbread, said his client was hoping to go to university to study archeology and was ashamed of what he'd done.