Ipswich: Delivery driver targeted in early morning raid
POLICE are appealing for information following a robbery in Ipswich yesterday morning.
The incident happened in Plover Road at about 3.30am.
A 34-year-old delivery driver was called to an address in the road and a black male approached the van, followed by another black man a short while later.
A police spokesman said: “The driver was assaulted and an amount of cash was stolen from his pocket. The victim ran to his vehicle and locked himself inside. The offenders then caused minor damage to the vehicle.
“The two offenders are not believed to live in the road where the incident occurred. At this time there are no further descriptions of the offenders.”
Anyone with information about the incident or recognises the offenders described is asked to call Ipswich Priority Crime Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 2 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 3 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 4 New cafe toasts successful first week
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Long delays on A12 after overturned tractor trailer
- 7 'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- 8 Ex Town striker Wickham links back up with Manning at MK Dons
- 9 Patrols 'throughout the night' following dispersal order in Suffolk town
- 10 McKenna considering changes for Accrington visit