Ipswich: Dog injured after broken glass left in park
- Credit: Archant
A PET owner has voiced concerns after her dog cut his face on broken glass in a town park.
Lisa Moffat, 31, of Bramford Road, was walking two-year-old Jack Russell-terrier cross Rex in the park off Bramford Lane and Marlow Road on Sunday.
She said: “We threw his ball for him like we always do. When he was running back to us, there was blood dripping everywhere. He had a terribly deep slash down the side of his muzzle and nose.”
The mother-of-two was out walking with son Bill, seven.
“My son was beside himself,” Mrs Moffat said. “I called my husband to collect us in the car and while waiting had a look in the grass. There, I found broken beer bottles. I put these in the bin and was disgusted that this was right by the children’s play area.”
You may also want to watch:
Rex was rushed to Barn Vets in Copdock to be stitched up and the family hasn’t been back to the park since as Mrs Moffat is concerned about the risk to Bill and younger son George, five, as well as to their other Jack Russell, Nelson.
“It’s always been quite a clean park until recently,” she said. “There have been a lot of youths over there drinking.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 5 Woman's body found in village home
- 6 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 7 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?
- 10 'Things might have been very different'... outgoing skipper Chambers reflects on that play-off season
“With the play area there, it could have been a lot worse – even for my dog.”
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said: “We were very concerned to hear of Rex’s injury and wish him a speedy recovery.We will tighten up patrols of the area and inform the Safer Neighbourhood Team to try to put a stop to this anti-social behaviour.”
n Have you found dangerous items abandoned in a park? E-mail email@example.com