Ipswich: E-fit image of man wanted in connection with robbery is released
POLICE in Suffolk are today issuing an e-fit image of a man who committed a robbery in the town on Tuesday.
The incident happened just before 7pm, in the alleyway from Garrick Way leading to Elmcroft Road.
A 68-year-old woman was walking down the alleyway when she saw a man walking towards her.
She was pushed to the floor and her handbag stolen which contained cards, an amount of cash and a mobile phone. The offender ran off towards the park.
The woman suffered grazing and bruising as a result of the incident.
The offender is described as a black man, between 18 to 20-years-old, approximately 5’7” tall, of a medium build, short hair and was wearing dark coloured clothing.
The victim has helped police to produce an e-fit likeness of the offender.
- 1 Firefighters tackle large blaze near Suffolk recycling centre
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 3 Popular carnival's firework display cancelled
- 4 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their victory over MK Dons
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following MK Dons victory
- 8 Man suffers head injuries after being 'seriously' assaulted by 'several' men
- 9 'A really special effort' - McKenna's verdict on 3-0 win v MK Dons
- 10 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
Officers hope someone will recognise the man or his description and provide police with information.
If you have any information, please call the Ipswich Priority Crime Team on 101 and quote crime number IW.12.4852.