Construction areas causing heavy traffic across town centre
- Credit: Archant
The AA have reported heavy traffic in Ipswich town centre in two areas.
Cars are queueing at two construction areas in the town centre.
The A1189, also known as Felixstowe Road, is experiencing heavy traffic.
The traffic is building near St Augustine’s Church which sits on the road as it splits between Felixstowe Road and Bucklesham Road.
There is currently a construction area on Felixstowe Road with temporary traffic lights in place at the site.
Reports of traffic were first reported at 6.38am this morning.
On the other side of the Orwell River there is slow traffic on the A137, Wherstead Road.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 4 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 5 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 8 Suffolk mass vaccination centre wants to jab 10,000 amid Omicron concern
- 9 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 10 55 projects identified in major plans to transform transport
The traffic here is building between the B1456, the Strand and Rapier Street also in a construction area.
Temporary traffic lights are also in place here.
Stay with us for more updates across East Anglia.