Ipswich: Father-of-one found guilty of sexual assaults on buses
A married father-of-one has been jailed for 18 weeks after being found guilty of indecently assaulting three women on buses in Ipswich last year.
Mohammed Jainul Abdeen, 35, pleaded not guilty to the three offences.
However, he was convicted after a two-day trial at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court.
He was sentenced to six weeks in prison for each offence to run consecutively and must sign on the Sex Offenders Register for the next seven years.
The unemployed resident of Norwich Road committed his first offence on a bus in Ipswich on September 30 2010, when he indecently touched a 38-year-old woman.
You may also want to watch:
The second assault took place on November 10 the same year when he indecently assaulted a 17-year-old schoolgirl on a different bus in the town.
He committed his third offence November 30 2010 when he touched a second 17-year-old female student on another bus in Ipswich.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 3 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 4 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 5 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 6 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'
- 7 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 8 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 9 A&E under pressure as patient levels return to pre-pandemic levels
- 10 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
Detective Constable Sam Abbott - who led the investigation - said, “Jainul Abdeen travelled on buses in Ipswich, using the cover of being a passenger to indecently assault three young women who continue to be traumatised by their experiences.
“I am pleased that he must serve a custodial sentence, and we will monitor him for the next seven years through the Sex Offenders Register.”